Indian Students in Russia
In addition to offering affordable tuition fees, Russian universities are pursuing a simple admission process, which has increased the influx of Indian Students in Russia. This has strengthened its position among international students as a top destination overseas. Russia observes the migration of nearly 6,000 Indian students each year, about 70 percent of whom opt for medical studies, which has made studying MBBS in Russia so popular among Indian students.
Studying MBBS in Russia is one of the top options for Indian students. On the contrary to the high competition, tough entrance exams and admission procedures in government medical schools in India, Russia offers a simple procedure for admission in its government medical institutes.
Russian medical universities were and continue to be one of the leading medical studies institutions. The books and textbooks published in Russian medical schools were translated into dozens of foreign languages.
Eligibility to study MBBS in Russia:
- Students must have passed independently in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English and must have received marks of at least 50 percent in each.
- Last two years i.e., 10th plus 2 marks sheet and certificate (11th & 12th) of study in Science stream.
- Indian students intending to obtain a primary medical qualification from any medical institution outside India on or after May 2018 must compulsorily qualify the NEET examination.
- On or before 31 December, the year of admission to the MBBS course, the applicant shall complete the age of 17.
There are no entrance tests, and the admissions are accepted solely based on first-come-first-served.
In addition to medical studies, Russian universities are also quite popular for their internationally recognized degrees in aviation, architecture, nuclear physics, and journalism. International students are permitted to apply to 896 universities in 85 Russian regions.
Here are some of the benefits of Studying in Russia for Indian Students:
- High-quality education with affordable tuition fees.
- Extensive study programs and specialization.
- No additional admission fees in the form of donation for MBBS studies.
- Admission possible in Russian Universities with or without IELTS (subject to conditions).
- WHO and UNESCO Valid Degrees.
- Chance to study free with many governments and private Scholarship opportunities.
- A plus point for Indian graduates, legalizing the degree certificates isn’t mandatory as per the bilateral agreements between both the countries.
- Internship Job opportunities along with Russian language courses soon after admission to any higher study program.
- More practical based sessions rather than theoretical studies.
International students who choose to study in information technology can apply to most popular universities in Russia such as TSU, SIBFU, or ITMO universities. Whereas, students with the choice of studying Medicine in Russia can approach Universities such as MSMU, RUDN, FEFU, IKBFU or Kazan Federal University and many more.
In contrast to the benefits that Indian students have, let us find out some of the challenges they might face:
- Climate difference can be the biggest challenge for Indian students in Russia. Russia is a big country, so it’s no wonder the weather varies a great deal in different areas. Indian students are more used to hot weather conditions as against Russia is an extremely cold country.
- Food difference – Russian cuisine is different from Indian cuisine. Indian students are more use to eating spicy food, whereas Russians don’t use spices in their food.
- Language difference – Although English is a widely spoken language in every part of the world, both Indian and international students might face language barriers in their daily routine.
This is why Indian students are drawn to study in Russia, the above information has outlined a few of the top significance.
Do comprehensive research online yourself too and or get connected for a free professional study abroad guidance from the best study abroad consultants in India to fulfill your dreams of studying abroad.
Article Source: Indian Students in France | Evernote | Studium Group